Here’s how to change your country/region setting in Google Play.
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Slide out the left menu and select Account.
- If you have access to the country-switching option, you’ll see a Country and profilesentry in this menu.
- Tap this Country category, and select your new country.
- Review the warning prompt and accept the change. Once you’ve switched countries, you’re free to browse the Play Store for that region.
This option won’t appear for everyone. It seems that it only shows up if you were previously in a different country than you are now (based on IP address). This means you can’t switch to any country that you feel like. More importantly, the confirmation prompt states that:
“You won’t be able to use your current payment methods or Play Balance, and you can’t change your country again for 365 days.”
So we only recommend doing this if you’ve actually moved countries and plan on staying for at least a year.