SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2: The Conclusion has consistently been blasting past each and every box office record it can get its hands on. Ever since it was first released on April 28, the movie has seen hundreds of thousands of people flock to the theatres to find out why Kattappa killed Baahubali.
Keeping that in mind, here are 30 records Baahubali 2 has broken at the box-office (And let’s just say, these feats are just the tip of the iceberg!):
1. Highest advance booking EVER: The movie raked in nearly Rs 36 crore through advance bookings alone, beating Aamir Khan’s Dangal (18 crore)
2. Largest screen count: The movie got the largest screen space in India, being released to 8000 screens, beating Salman Khan’s record with Sultan (4350 screens).
3. Highest opening day occupancy of 2017: The movie beat Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees’ 70 percent occupancy with a massive 95 percent.
4. Highest opening day occupancy EVER: Its occupancy matched the likes of those of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and Dhoom 3, but pulled ahead because of a higher screen count.
5. Highest opening day of 2017: The movie netted Rs 121 crore on its very first day! This blew past Raees’ ‘measly’ 20.4 crore.
6. Highest opening day gross EVER: The movie’s Rs 121 crore easily blew past the 50 crore Baahubali: The Beginning pulled in.
7. Fastest to enter the 100 crore club: By entering the club on its very first day, it easily surpassed the time Baahubali: The Beginning took (2 days).
8. Highest opening day collection by a Hindi dubbed film: The movie surpassed the first part to claim a record Rs 41 crore on day one with just the Hindi dubbed version.
9. Highest collections through the Tamil, Telegu and Malyalam versions on day one: The film earned Rs 80 crore through the Tamil, Telegu and Malyalam versions on day one.
10. First Indian film to top Thursday night preview charts in America: The film even managed to rock the American box-office with $2.5 million, blasting past the likes of Fate of the Furious ($1.9 million), Beauty and the Beast ($661K) and Boss Baby ($562K).
11. Highest Day 2 collection EVER: Baahubali 2 earned a staggering Rs 102 crore on day 2, pulling in a massive two day total of 223 crore.
12. Biggest Day 2 of 2017: The movie easily managed to make its Rs 102 crore the biggest day 2 of 2017.
13. Highest two day total in the US for an Indian film: The movie made records for Indian movies at the American box office in a matter of just two days, pulling in $8.16 million (Rs 50 crore).
14. Fastest film to reach the 200 crore club: Baahubali 2 took two days. The previous record holder, Salman Khan’s Sultan, took seven days!
15. Highest opening weekend gross EVER: Counting its overseas and domestic gross, Baahubali 2 pulled in a total of a massive Rs 526 crore!
16. Highest opening weekend of 2017: With an opening weekend of over Rs 300 crore, it handily beats every other film released this year.
17. Highest three day Hindi dubbed collection ever: With Rs 128 crore coming just from the Hindi dubbed version in a matter of three days, Baahubali 2 easily beat Sultan and Dangal.
18. Highest first Sunday collection EVER: On day 3, Baahubali 2 managed to pull in a cool Rs 46.5 crore, beating Dangal’s 42 crore.
19. Fastest movie to earn 20 crore in Kerala: The movie became the fastest 20 crore earner in Kerala and the all time top grossing non-Malyalam movie.
20. First Indian film to claim a top 3 spot in its North American opening weekend tally: The film acquired a historic $10.1 million at the US box-office on its opening weekend, even managing to surpass the opening weekend of Emma Watson and Tom Hanks’ The Circle, which had to settle for number four with $9.3 million.
21. Fastest film to enter the 300 crore club: The film became the fastest to cross the 300 crore mark domestically. Because why not?
22. Highest Monday collection: With Rs 40 crore, Baahubali 2 beat Krrish 3’s record of the highest first Monday opening (35 crore).
23. Fastest 600 crore film in the worldwide market: The movie earned approximately Rs 625 crore in the worldwide market in a matter of 4 days.
24. Highest grossing Indian film EVER: On day 5, Baahubali 2 finally surpassed Dangal’s lifetime collection of Rs 388 crore with 440 crore of its own to become the highest grossing movie in India. EVER.
25. Fastest movie to reach 700 crore in the worldwide market: Baahubali 2 raked in about 710 crore in just 5 days.
26. Highest grossing Indian movie in the US: The film has minted $12.6 million in 6 days to become India’s best earning film at the American box-office, beating Dangal’s lifetime gross of $12.3 million.
27. The first Indian movie to earn 800 crore: India’s highest grossing movie became the first to pull in 800 crore in a matter of a week of its release.
28. Highest first week gross EVER: With more than 800 crore in its till, Baahubali 2 pulled in the highest grossing first week in Bollywood history.
29. Highest grossing Indian movie worldwide EVER: Baahubali 2, with its Rs 800 crore, managed to surpass the gross of Aamir Khan’s PK (792 crore) to become the highest grossing Bollywood film of all time worldwide.
30. Highest 2nd Friday for a Hindi film EVER: In its second Friday at the Indian box-office, Baahubali 2 pulled in Rs 19.75 crore with its Hindi version, surpassing Dangal’s 18 crore.